This article aims to guide through how to avoid properly launch the trados projects on pre-translate mode. It is often observed while launching a project via CMLess Trados studio (Systran Plugin/ connector for SDL trados) in task sequence, that the option 'Apply automated translation' under task : Pre-translate is grayed out or projects are launched without pre-translate mode, which obliges the user to double click on each sentence to obtain the translation. This article describes the steps to follow to avoid this type of issues.
SES8 or SPNS9 pre-installed
Systran server connected and configured with user's API key
Steps to follow
There best way to configure this is configuring the below steps directly from the options
- Click on file, then go to 'options'
- Next Under options go to Language Pairs
- Start by the language pair(s) first
- First Click on 'Translation Memory and Automated Translation' and make sure you have Systran Server configured. ( See article : [SYSTRAN Addons] SDL Trados studio connector : How to add Systran server in SDL Trados Studio )
- Next configure the sub menu 'Search'
Enter the appropriate values and select the options as indicated in the capture below
Note: Minimum match is not be set < 75 ( which is the minimum standard)
- Next go to 'Match Repair' and activate 'Batch Tasks'
- Next go to 'Batch processing' and then select 'Pre-translate Files' from the drop down
- Now you can choose the option 'Apply Automated translation'
Note : Choose the minimum match value closer to the match value set in search to see better fuzzy match in results
If you have multiple language pairs, do the above for each individual LPs.
Next repeat the above steps for All Language pairs
Once done click on 'OK' button to save this configuration.
This will save the settings globally for the whole SDL trados connector. Now you should not only have tackled the issue of grayed out "Apply Automated Translation" but also you have set the settings for globally all new projects.