Steps to map LDAP Group in SPNS 9
LDAP authentication is configured and enabled
Step 1: Define the LDAP field or attribute that contains the group names
- Log on to SPNS 9 web interface as admin account and go to Administration->Settings
- In the Settings tab, expand Authentication settings -> LDAP settings.
- Choose the LDAP field or attribute (typically memberOf) containing the group names you want to map to SPNS 9 server, and add it to the Search attributes Example below shows using LDAP field/attribute memberOf.
With the example shown above with LDAP field/attribute memberOf added to the Search attributes list, the SPNS 9 server will pull the names from the LDAP field/attribute memberOf when a user logs in. But it is not mapped to SPNS 9 server yet. You will not see the LDAP groups being populated in SPNS 9 yet at this point.
Step 2: Mapping the LDAP Groups to SPNS 9 server
- From the Search attributes section, add the LDAP field/attribute you chose for group mapping to the Mapping of groups section as shown below.
- Press the Save button at the top of the page and restart the systran-ses-console service for the change to take effect.
- Have a user log into SPNS 9 server with LDAP credentials.
- As an admin on SPNS 9 server, go to Administration->Groups. You should now see the LDAP groups from the LDAP’s memberOf field/attribute being populated.